10 Ways to Save on Groceries
July 21, 2021 | CUNA | Saving, Tips and Tricks
Save some money at the checkout line! Here are ten ways to help you cut your grocery bill!
- 1. Make a shopping list and stick to it.
- 2. Don’t shop when you’re hungry or tired, when you’re more likely to give into impulse buys.
- 3. Avoid convenience foods. The cost for prepared food includes labor and packaging.
- 4. Only use coupons for things you’d buy anyway.
- 5. Apply for a store discount card.
- 6. Check unit prices (cost per ounce or per pound). Sometimes a smaller bottle of dish soap is a better value than a big one.
- 7. Switch to store brands.
- 8. Buy in bulk. But make sure you have space for them!
- 9. Grow your own produce. Can or freeze what you don’t eat right away.
10. Cut the soda and drink more water. The average American consumes 450 cans of soda per year. The costs about $700. By cutting this out, you’ll not only save money, but you’ll also improve your health.
Tags: Savings, Tips and Tricks, Groceries
There are 0 Comments