Member Funds are Safe at Credit Unions
April 09, 2023 | White Rose Credit Union | News
Recent news headlines across the United States have highlighted a discussion regarding the financial security of the banking industry and the soundness of individual deposits at financial institutions. This gives us an extraordinary opportunity to highlight the credit union difference and remind our members they should feel safe trusting their funds at White Rose Credit Union.
- Member funds protected and insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
- Credit Unions are not-for-profit, and our members are part owners. We do not answer to stockholders, meaning that every financial decision made, is with our members and their best interests in mind.
- White Rose Credit Union has been a sound and local financial institution since 1950. For more than 73 years our members have trusted us with their accounts. Our team takes this seriously.
- The credit union is required by the Department of Banking and the National Credit Union Administration to follow strict guidelines and compliance standards to ensure that we are meeting expectations.
- When times get tough, credit unions get going. During times of financial and economic hardship, credit unions continue to serve their communities.
Thank you for your continued membership and you for trusting White Rose Credit Union as your financial institution. This is something we do not take lightly, and we are proud to serve ALL of our members.
White Rose Credit Union is committed to improving the lives of our members and community – and inspiring others to do the same. It’s our community. We care.
The credit union operates 5 public branches, a local high school branch, and currently provides a full array of financial products and services to over 11,000 members. As a community credit union, membership is available to those who live, work, worship, attend school or own a business in York and Adams County Pennsylvania. It’s your life. We care. Federally insured by NCUA.