Tips for Spring Cleaning
April 30, 2021 | CUNA | Financial Wellness, Spring Cleaning, Tips, Wellness
With warmer weather and sunnier days becoming the norm for this type of year, many people have spring cleaning on their minds. Here are a few tips for your wallet, your home, and your health!
For Your Wallet
- Tune-up your finances. Create a budget review and correct your credit report, add a little more to your retirement contributions, and tweak your investments.
- Review important records and clean out files. Keep copies of tax returns, supporting tax documents, and receipts for as long as you can be audited, up to six years.
- Keep using your credit union. You’ll benefit from a nationwide network of free ATMs, lower interest rates, and more savings.
For Your Home
- Outdoor projects. Shake off the winter blues and refresh the look of your home. Check the following items, and clean up, repaint, or replace as needed.
- House: Windows, Gutters, Sliding, Garage
- Deck: Flooring, Furniture, Grills, Lighting
- Garden/lawn: Litter/raking, Fertilizing, Mulch
- Indoor projects. Time to open up the windows and let in some fresh air. Make your home a clean and efficient space. Don’t be afraid to get rid of things. You could even have a yard sale to make a quick buck.
For Your Health
- Reorganize your pantry. Throw out any food that prevents you from reaching your health goals. Replace them with fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Get outside. Find a fun activity or hobby outside, whether it be hiking or gardening.
- Get a check-up. Instead of waiting until you’re sick to see a doctor, be proactive and make appointments with your primary care physician, dentist, etc., to make sure your health is good and to prevent illness.
There are 0 Comments